SNOG & BLACK LUNG "A CURIOUS & EXOTIC JOURNEY INTO SOUND & PHILOSOPHY"
Catalog reference: Pd46
Release date :
23 of may 2015
01. Mind And Purpose (featuring Veruschka)
02. The Toxic Womb Of Convenience *
03. The Sickness (featuring Hecq)
04. Poison (Thrussell/Arkley-Smith/Fischer/Pokorski)
05. Sedition Is Lust (featuring Pankow)
06. License (Thrussell/Arkley-Smith)
07. Production Possibility Frontier *
08. Cosmic Caveman
09. Boundless Informant (Thrussell) *
10. General Breedlove (Thrussell) *
11. The Five Eyes (Thrussell) *
12. Value Added (Thrussell) *
13. Illuminatus Magus (featuring Spiderface)
14. The Omniscient *
15. The Lament Of The Lost Sheep
16. One Speck of Dust
Snog = tracks 1-6, 8 and 15-16
Black Lung = tracks 7 and 9-14
* previously unreleased
A Compendium Of Collaborations, Seldom Heard And Previously Unreleased Works by Snog and Black Lung.
This exclusive release celebrates the return in Europe of Snog and Black Lung for shows at the Wave-Gotik-Treffen in Leipzig on 24th and 25th of may 2015. Available only at the festival and on our website.
"In a 1972 lecture called “Four Criteria of Electronic Music”, noted German avant-garde composer (and in fact my great-uncle) Karlheinz Stockhausen, declared music to be a powerful tool able to affect the “atomic layers of ourselves”. Karlheinz believed that the listener was effected and altered on imperceptible levels, and indeed ‘absorbed’ all music at the cellular level on exposure.
If this is indeed the case, then we are what we ‘eat’ musically - great audio-phonic ‘sponges’ shaped and activated by sound and soundscape. By rational extension the sentient being should be conscious and discerning of their sonic diet and landscape. Naturally the broadest and most exploratory palette should likewise be encouraged, to extend and (if possible) actualise latent human potentials.
I’m often aware (and deeply thankful) for the great role sound and music have played in my life’s journey. Shaped by sound, I offer this gift - a compendium of audio explorations - through the valleys and hills of life, from one road to another. A map manifested in ideas, subtle philosophies and ancient yearnings."
D. Thrussell 2015